Maybe I'm a Slow Learner

Doing dishes = contractions. Time to sit down at the computer and be a vegetable for awhile.

Shoot. I guess it's just another reminder that I can't just up and do things because I happen to have a day where things have been calm. If you remember my post from Monday, I was so upbeat over the lack of contraction action that I even hinted that if it weren't for the general discomfort I would be trying to take on my regular chores.

My confident attitude continued that morning, enough that I argued with Terence and insisted on coming with him to do the grocery shopping. (It's easier when I don't have to make a detailed list of every little thing I think I'll need.) But Terence counted every time I stopped moving and frowned because of a contraction and declared at the end of the trip he had counted 11.

Eleven contractions in an hour! Oh dear. That's way more than 8 or so that is considered a warning sign. It wasn't too big of a deal-- when I got home I got off my feet and drank some water and I didn't have any more. But when I brought it up to my OB on Wednesday(when she asked if anything out of the ordinary had happened this week), she was clearly taken aback that I had gone grocery shopping in the first place. I got a reminder that I am on "modified bedrest" and she wanted to make sure that I have someone to do my grocery shopping from now on.

Terence said, "I told you so."

I don't think I'm going to be setting foot in Walmart for the next couple of months. Unless I sneak out or something.

On the other end of things, I discussed with my OB the depression med dilemma. I reminded her about how I had taken Zoloft at the end of the pregnancy and for the first few months with K, and she wanted to prescribe it to me again. But I explained the whole bleeding situation (which was dealt with by my primary care doctor) and that threw her for a loop. She had never heard of Zoloft causing someone to have clotting problems (for lack of a better description). But she agreed with me that we could try something else, especially since I won't be breastfeeding. We're going to try Celexa first and if it gives me problems then I guess we'll try something else. But she doesn't think I should try going without any anti-depressants at all.

Fine with me. I have no desire to repeat the postpartum depression experience! Now if I can just get right back into my active groove after I have the baby, I think that will be the other piece I need to fight off any wintertime blues. Time to sign up for the Warrior Dash in April; that should provide the motivation I need to get back in shape quickly, right?

Comments

kristi said…
I'm glad that you talked to her. I hope it works as good as zoloft for you! Warrior dash on April? I admire your motivation! I wish I had it!
Kaycee said…
Can you ride in those motorized wheel chairs along side Terrance? That way you can go, but not walk.

Sign up for that thingermabob.
Anonymous said…
I can't believe how many problems you've had with pregnancies. That's too bad. I'm remembering you in my prayers. Sounds like you need it. Sorry it's so much harder for you.

Popular Posts