Doc Update

Sheesh, I've been slacking off on the blogging lately. I know that's been happening with a lot of people, but I'm usually such a compulsive writer I didn't expect that it would slip lower down my own list. I guess the real problem is that much of my free time at the computer lately has been spent taking surveys. . . it's good in that I'm earning some money, but not so good in that I have not been doing ANY writing lately.

Well, I'll try to remedy that a little tonight before I attack the pile of clean laundry that needs to be folded.

I had an OB appointment this morning-- I've finally made it to the weekly appointments. It's kind of strange-- I haven't had the "normal" schedule of visits ever since M. With J I had barely started the "visit every week" part when he was born. With B & K my early labor meant I started having weekly visits during the 2nd trimester. This time things went well enough that I didn't have to do any extras.

Kind of strange, but I'm OK with being normal for once! My OB was very congratulatory today. She was ecstatic that this pregnancy has been going so smoothly and wanted to know what I have done this time around to make it go easier. Well, I took her advice and sharply toned down my activities, starting way back at 24 weeks. I guess that's it. It seems to be sheer dumb luck that I didn't have gestational diabetes this time. (With both B and this baby I failed the 1 hour test spectacularly only to pass the 3 hour test. I guess that's kind of unusual.) This time my baby doesn't even seem to be on the larger end. According to the ultrasound she's only about 5.5 lbs right now. Granted, I know the weight guesstimations from ultrasounds can be way off. But considering that my early babies have been over 7 lbs, she's running quite small compared to the others.

The other good news was that I am not dilating at all. So even though I am still having obnoxious contractions as I try to get things done, things are not opening up down there. Since the little one is measuring smaller than the others did at this point, I'm quite relieved. I'll be quite happy to go all the way until November, thanks!

Comments

Kaycee said…
yay!! some good news!
Anonymous said…
Geez, I see what you mean with the surveys. They use a lot of time. I have been inundated!!! Such good news. Good 4 U!!

Popular Posts