For Short Attention Spans (Mine, Mostly)

Just some random thoughts and stuff going on in my life:

  • K has been extra loving lately. He hasn't been much of a snuggler, not since he grew into toddlerhood. But lately there has been a lot of climbing onto my lap, hugging me tight, and smothering my face and hair with kisses. (Maybe he can sense the competition on the horizon?)
  • Last night was cool enough to wear a jacket! Well, at least for normal people. For me it was simply bliss to walk outside in a short sleeve shirt and not feel sweat dripping down my neck.
  • Yesterday M and I went shopping for her first bras. She complained that PE was hurting too much because her breasts were bouncing around. Wait, when did my little girl start developing to the point where there was something to "bounce?"
  • I'm a bit overwhelmed by my kids' projects due at the end of the quarter. J has a report on the protoceratops dinosaur due in November, which we are painfully struggling through. Worse, M has a scrapbook on swallowtail butterflies due in December (with various stages due along the way). It is a major project (there were four pages of instructions) and I'm stressed just thinking about it. Terence thinks I should talk to the teachers and get them to "relax" the deadlines because of the new baby. I just had to laugh. Life for the older kids doesn't stop just because there's a new baby in the house!
  • Terence is paranoid that I'm going to have the baby in the next couple of days. He says I have to wait until after November 5th (he has two DUI trials that day). My OB says I'm starting to dilate now and I'm 50% effaced, but heavens, that doesn't mean anything. I still might not go into real labor for a couple more weeks!
  • Only two more days of piano lessons and then I am taking the whole month of November off. Hopefully my students don't forget everything they've learned during my "maternity leave!!"
  • Terence actually has Halloween off! Hooray for it falling on a Monday! I've made plans for the kids to go trick or treating with my sister Amy and her daughter Livvie. When I told Terence he would get to take the kids around the neighborhood though, he wasn't thrilled. Tough luck. The 38 weeks pregnant lady is not going to hobble around the streets. (He'll go along with it. Like I said, he doesn't want me to have the baby until after the DUI trials.)
  • This year's Halloween characters will be a vampire, a tiger, a princess, and a dinosaur. Can you guess which kid is going to be which?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, it seems wierd that there will soon be another little Johnson. I hope you will go until Terence can be there. That will make things easier on both of you.
Good luck.
Lissy said…
The cool weather must be heaven after a hot summer! Sounds like it's not too much longer. Hope everything goes well with the baby!
Kaycee said…
I am glad Kyle is being a cuddle bug. I love when Jaden (who isn't a cuddler) cuddles me.

I do not look foreward to Abbey and bras! yikes! I also don't look forward to kid school projects.

I can't wait to hear about when the baby comes!!!! \

Do you have a name picked out?
brooke said…
haha, i'm loving the bra part. every time i walk by the bras in target i cringe, dreading the day i have to buy one for my girls. =) stay comfortable and keep that baby in!
Ashlie Dalton said…
ugh, bra shopping! there's one positive part to having boys. :)

Popular Posts