Halloween Fun


I hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

We had a crazy busy weekend, filled with fun stuff. Friday J & B had the "Literature Parade" at school. (They can't wear typical Halloween costumes, they have to dress up as a book character. So that had some influence on what B & J dressed up as this year because I wasn't going to do two costumes each.) Saturday we had Bryson's birthday party (whoa, that was a madhouse!) and the ward trunk or treat at night. Monday night they all donned their costumes again to hit the streets and take on treat or treating in Amy's neighborhood. They seemed to have a lot of fun-- and they brought home a gigantic load of candy. We might have to stash it in Grandma's basement again like we did last year so nobody dies of sugar shock!

I got a call from Terence's mom last night as we were on our way home, "just checking to see how I was doing." No, I haven't had the baby yet. You'd think this weekend would have sent me into labor for sure. But no. I had several moments where I thought, "Maybe this is it" when I ended up in awful pain with plenty of contractions. But like always, if I crash on my bed and refuse to move for awhile they stop.

Just watch, I'm going to end up getting induced again. Maybe that's for the best though. (Almost certainly, my OB is going to suggest it as soon as I get to 39 weeks. There are just too many variables that make us all wonder if I'll get to the hospital in time otherwise.) For my part, I'm starting to get impatient. I guess that's normal for the end of pregnancy. Since it's November now maybe I should try tromping around the block a few times to get things going but unfortunately, I am just too uncomfortable to do it. Just trying to get the laundry sorted this morning took a huge effort.

Oh well. She's bound to show up sooner or later, whether I try to hurry things along or not!

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
way to go still hanging in there!! i can't believe you're so close now. happy halloween!
Anonymous said…
Heidi, you have the cutest kids. Maryanne is downright beautiful. Lovely eyes. They all look so darling in their costumes. SO glad you were able to calm those pains down.

Popular Posts