Last Minute Worry

The countdown clock is ticking. . . my induction is schedule for 5 am Saturday morning. I'm relieved to see the end in sight. There's something about going for months with strong, random contractions only to get to the end and have nothing change! Irrational though it may be, part of me was beginning to wonder if this pregnancy would EVER end.

The only bad news is that now at least half of our family (including me) is coming down with some kind of virus. Sore throats, earaches, runny noses, general fatigue and achiness. . . why, oh why, did this have to appear the very week the baby is due????

What are the chances of our newborn baby escaping this? Is my body producing antibodies right this very second that she will get to share? (She won't get any from breastmilk since I'm not going to breastfeed.) Blah. I don't mind the rest of us having a cold-- that's just part of life-- but I really don't like having a tiny baby get sick. Maybe a blessing from Terence when we bring the baby home would be a good idea.

Comments

kristi said…
When Kelly came home from the hospital Kerri and I were getting over chicken pox. My mom had us wear face masks, gloves, and my dads dress shirts on backwards. Our 1st pictures holding her are hysterical!
Good luck Saturday! I'll be praying for a quick labor! I can't wait to meet her!
Let me know if you need anything...
Ashlie Dalton said…
oh man, sorry. that isn't good.
maybe- just maybe it will miss her if the contagious part is over by the time she comes home?!
i got a crazy bad cold right after i delivered cole and he somehow managed to avoid it... i didn't breastfeed either.
Kaycee said…
I'm sorry. That would be worrisome. I hope it will be in the clear when you get. Home.
Anonymous said…
Yuck on the cold symptoms but I am SO excited for you that the eternal pregnancy will finally be over. Good luck to you, H. YOu'll be in my prayers. Hope we get to see pics pretty soon. If she looks like the rests of your kidlinks she'll be adorable!!

Popular Posts