Holiday Weekends are Not Relaxing

Whew, what a weekend!

Holiday weekends are fun but they can certainly wipe your energy out.  It's kind of a relief for the kids to be going back to school today so we can get back into a regular schedule.

Hold on-- since when is our regular schedule not tiring???

Maybe I need to rethink my expectations a little bit.  After all, today's agenda includes volunteering in J's class, grocery shopping, working out, laundry, a date with Terence, family night, and some major homework projects with M. . . not exactly restful.

Anyway, our weekend (starting Thursday evening) included things like having my nephew over to spend the night, teaching piano lessons, running errands up in the Valley (an hour away from home), hanging out with my sister and her kids for awhile, birthday present shopping for my mother, dyeing Easter eggs, making cookies, multiple runs and long periods on my bike trainer, two visits to the gym, our Easter egg hunt, lots of laundry, a 3.7 mile hike in some very warm weather, brand new nice Easter outfits, church, frantic stress about a collections agency calling, and dinner at my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday.  A good weekend, for the most part.  Just busy.

A couple of pics from the egg hunt:

K finds an egg above eye level.  I was impressed!


M, J, and B on the hunt.


All finished!  Don't you just love B's pouting face?  Someday that is going to embarrass her.

Well, now it's off to get my morning in gear.  I have two crying kids already, doesn't that just figure?  Mondays.

Comments

Kaycee said…
When I look up busy in the dictionary, I see your picture.
cute pictures!
Anonymous said…
What a busy life you lead. I just noticed your pictures on the side bar and they are adorable. Kendra is so beautiful.

Popular Posts