Moving Along but Causing Chaos

And the flooring work goes on . . . and on . . . and on!  This weekend was a bit of a triumph though because Saturday night (near midnight) I finished laying all the planks in the hallway, even in front of the kids' doorways, which was a royal pain.  
A view of my beautiful new hallway floor!
It's not perfect (there are some areas that will need to be caulked), but it will do just fine.  Besides, I will probably be the only one who notices where I messed up, right?

The next phase is the living room.  The living room is much bigger, square footage-wise, but hopefully it will go much faster.  I have some experience now-- and the living room doesn't have a single one of those nightmarish door jambs to go around like in the hallway.

Today I finished getting the vast majority of the carpet off the floor.  The lethal tack boards have been removed (my hands are sore but still intact) and much of the carpet pad adhesive has been scraped up.  Here's a couple of pictures to show you where I'm at:

Life still has to go on, even while the flooring's ripped up.

Did you notice how I have piles of clean laundry on the couch?  Yeah, obviously I'm doing this in the middle of regular life.  I kind of envy those DIYers who can just whip out a project in a weekend because they can devote all day to it.  I get distracted by daily chores and the kids.  The exersaucer was invaluable today-- it kept S entertained long enough for me to get most of the stuff ripped up.

The view behind the piano-- see my huge pile of old carpet?  Proof of all my hard work!

Tomorrow my mom will come to help for awhile, and she is going to haul the old carpet away.  Good riddance!!!

Comments

brooke said…
i'm most impressed heidi! seriously. not sure how you did it with five kids around. props!!
Amy said…
I'm impressed too! It looks great
Kaycee said…
You amaze me!

Popular Posts