Brain Stretches

Random things I learned this week:

  • Tres Leches cake is very, very sugary.  And if a 3 year old eats all of the meringue frosting off the cake, he will be very, very hyper.
  • Strawberry jam left on a toilet seat overnight will stain the seat pink and no amount of scrubbing will take it off.
  • Lit candles make J just as freaked out and upset as thunderstorms, fireworks, and smoke alarms going off do.
  • S is becoming a momma's girl.  If she figures out that someone besides Mommy is holding her, she may suddenly dissolve into heart wrenching wails until Mommy is holding her again.  And if Mommy walks out of sight, oh the drama!
  • A fine is a "tax" if it needs to be constitutional, but it is a "penalty" and not a "tax" if it needs to be ruled on by the courts (because of the Anti-Injunction Act).  OK, I didn't learn this, I'm still trying to understand how this possibly makes sense.  It makes my head hurt but as I learned at Relief Society on Thursday. . .
  • It's important to keep your brain active and learning and you can do that by trying to wrap your head around new concepts, really making it work harder than normal.  Oh, and I need to drink A LOT of water because my brain doesn't like to be dehydrated.

Mmm, water.  Nothing like Fast Sunday on a 109 degree day to make you appreciate that sweet refreshing beverage in all its glory!!  (Is it dinnertime yet?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute blog. I agree on the water!! It is the most important thing I do...drink lots of water. It wasn't quite 100 here today but I was sure missing my water.
Ashlie Dalton said…
i've been so bad at blogging and keeping up at blogs lately that i didn't realize you were full swing back into it again. :) glad to see it!
Kaycee said…
I love water. Good ole fashioned water with Trespass leched! Mmmm

Popular Posts