Record Rain

Well, despite what my weather forecast said, it's still raining around here.  We've been having pretty steady showers since yesterday morning, though we did get a little break this afternoon.  In a way it's been nice.  We don't often get rain, and the weather has made it seem a little more like winter.  It makes me want to wrap up with a quilt and a good book and some hot chocolate.

Unfortunately, I still had to go on with some of our regular day.  A run this morning with Terence (brr!!), Christmas present scrapbooking, tithing settlement at the church, gobs of laundry, primary secretary stuff,  dinner to make, and the van to vacuum.  I pretty much got everything done I needed to.  (Well, almost.  There is still a lot of laundry to do, but that's always the case.  I'll take it back up on Monday.)  But I missed our Saturday afternoon hike.  I may be determined enough to go for runs during a rainstorm, but I'm not insane enough to drag five children up a muddy, rocky hill.

Oddly enough, J was disappointed about missing the hike too.  He is sick and tired of the rain already.  Poor boy!  He is clearly my son.  But no matter how much I try to reassure him that we live in one of the sunniest places in the country and that the rain will end quickly, he keeps moaning and asking in a despairing voice, "When is the sun going to be out again?"  

Tomorrow, hopefully.

Rain makes it difficult when we need to use our pickup.  The wiper blades don't work-- not the blades themselves, but rather the motors.  Anyway, we don't have the money for car repairs right now, and the truck is down the list anyway.  It's not one of our primary vehicles (Terence has a take-home patrol car), and like I said, we live in one of the sunniest places possible, so we've been able to manage by just not driving the truck when it rains.  But tomorrow I need the truck so Terence and I can head two different directions and I really, really don't want to get stranded somewhere, unable to see.

Hear me, rain?  It's been a pleasant visit, but sometimes the short stay is the best stay.  My mood will improve, and J will be eternally grateful.  Go away and come again some other day!  (But not this coming weekend, we have a lot planned!!!)

Comments

Kaycee said…
Funny, you would think in a place like AZ, you would welcome all the rain with open arms.

Popular Posts