A Special Christmas Gift

I watched this Mormon Tabernacle Choir music video last night with the kids and loved it:


This is a very special time of year for Christians everywhere.  Much as I love the magical tradition of Santa and the excitement of presents and lights and Christmas goodies, what matters the most is that I am celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, who I believe came to earth to make it possible for me to conquer death and return to live with my Heavenly Father.

Today I wish to give my Savior a gift, a gift of service to someone else.  I don't know what yet-- like in the video, there are many different ways, small and large, to serve that may arise during my day.  But every day for this coming year, I am going to pray and watch for some way to help someone else in need.  365 quiet acts of service . . . that's what I will give my Lord as a Christmas gift this year.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts