Lurking....

It's building again.

The pressure.

No, not the stress.  OK, well, yes, the stress is there like always.  But I mean the pressure behind my eyeballs.  I haven't had a headache for so long.  I'd gotten complacent.  However, I can feel one coming on.  Right now it's just a minor ache on one side of my head.  Yet I'm afraid it's going to get worse.  You know that sinus pressure that builds when you have a cold and your nose is all stuffed up?  It's kind of like that, except that I don't have a cold and my nose is perfectly fine.

My doom is approaching, and I'm casting about desperately in search of a way to ward it off.

It's not blood pressure related (not this one, anyway).  My BP is actually quite reasonable and has been for days.  It's not food-related, unless it's a hangover effect from the Renfest food yesterday.  (Possible, but unlikely.  I didn't eat anything terribly out of the ordinary.)  I guess it could be sun-related.  After all, I did manage to get a minor sunburn yesterday, but then I think the headache would have kicked in last night.  Hormonal?  Maybe, but again, the timing seems to be off.  Dehydration?  I drank a LOT yesterday.  But just in case I'll probably guzzle a good deal more today.  Maybe it's just the dreaded Sunday headache.  I got a lot of headaches on Sundays as a kid.  Possibly it's being in close quarters with everyone in church and their various perfumes/colognes/oils and such.

The goal is to keep this headache at defcon 4.  I have to drive into the city this evening to pick Terence up from the airport, and M is NOT in a position yet to drive Phoenix freeways so I need to be as functional as possible.  I'm tempted to try a nap-- but I don't have a long time before I need to leave, and sometimes a nap makes things worse.

You'd think after so many years, I'd have a better idea of what causes these things and how to get relief.  Nope.  I know that some are related to blood pressure and stress.  Others have clearly been dehydration.  As for relief, nothing has consistently worked.  (And I've tried a great deal.  You get desperate when you are flat on your back and whimpering from the pain.)

*sigh* Well, there are worse trials to have.  I guess I will just grin and bear it.  (Maybe from a dark room with a cold pack on my forehead.)

Comments

Popular Posts