So What if Things Aren't Perfect

These last couple of days have been blue, blue, blue. Just hormones, probably. It's not like I'm in the depths of despair. But this morning I thought I'd make a gratitude list, just to remind myself how good my life really is.

Just a quick list of things I'm grateful for this morning:

  1. A husband who is considerate of my feelings.
  2. Four bright, healthy children.
  3. A home to live in, food to eat, cars to drive (the basic necessities are all here).
  4. A computer with high speed internet. (Can I live without it anymore?)
  5. I don't have the stomach flu.
  6. Sixty pounds of weight loss that is still "lost."
  7. It isn't going to be 105 degrees during my triathlon (if the forecast is accurate).
  8. There have been less mosquitoes near our home this year.
  9. I got to go up in the mountains last weekend.
  10. I get to be a stay-at-home mom.
  11. The most brutal part of the desert summer is over (even if we're still a long way from fall).
  12. My husband fixed the dryer this week-- we didn't have to get a new one or pay to have it repaired.
  13. My neighbors don't throw loud, bass-thumping parties.
  14. The palo verde tree is trimmed and I won't have to deal with it for months.
  15. My house is pretty clean at the moment.
There, with all those wonderful things, why shouldn't I have a wonderful day?

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
what a great list! i hope those things will be able to help you get through your day and make it a bit brighter.
some days (or weeks) we all need to make lists of gratitude like yours to remind ourselves how blessed we are.

sorry you've been a bit blue lately. if it helps, i think you are amazing and love to read about your life and family. however, you are such a fantastic writer- you could probably copy the phone book and make it interesting to read.
thanks for your blog- it's fun to connect with you.

good day! :)
kristi said…
Don't forget that you get to live near me! Just kidding - well kinda...
Having you for a friend out here means so much- since I don't have my sisters here you are my sane voice of reason when I need it.
Anonymous said…
How can "The Girl Who Has Everything" (almost) be blue? No kidding, you are about the most talented, dedicated wife and mother of 4 that I know!! I guess really neat people can get the doldrums, too. Darn! Tell your body and face to smile, that you ARE HAPPY, and be rid of those blues!! NOW!
Love you, Pete
Kaycee said…
I am sorry you aren't feeling blue. I hope your list made you feel better. Good list. I agree with Ash, we all need to make a list.

I also agree with Ash, I love to read your blog, you are very interesting.
Lissy said…
Great exercise - counting blessings is one of the best ways to beat the blues. I am familiar with that :) You have a very nice list - hope it worked to make your day better!

Popular Posts