Winter Thoughts

So how was your Christmas?

We had a very nice one-- it seemed like I never stopped moving all week, but the kids enjoyed everything so that was the whole point, right? J in particular gets so excited about everyone's presents that it makes me feel younger just to listen to him. Terence gave me the best Christmas present too (though I guess it was really from his sergeant). He was scheduled to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day since his lieutenant had laid down the law and said that nobody could have Christmas off this year. Well, in the days leading up to Christmas, he kept ending up having to work overtime, but the department refuses to pay any overtime right now, so the officers have to find a way to "adjust out" the time before the week ends. So since Terence had racked up too many overtime hours, on Christmas Eve his sergeant told him he could have Christmas Day off to even it out. What a great last minute gift! We actually got to have Daddy home the whole day!

Now that it is after Christmas though, I'm ready for winter to be over. I know, I'm such a big baby right? I spend so much time complaining about how it's hot, and when is it going to be fall and such, and now I'm ready for winter to be over. Having lived places where it does actually get cold makes me feel like I'm being a wimp, too, but my blood is just thinner now or something. This getting down to the 30's stuff is too chilly. Besides, when I swim, it feels like my hair is going to freeze solid when I make my mad dash from the pool to the hot tub.

Wow, what a whiny post this is turning into!!!

Really, I'm enjoying this month. I guess I'm just kind of dreading January. Maybe it will be a less gloomy month this year though, seeing as now we have a January birthday to celebrate in our family. Strange to think that my baby will turn one in just two weeks. It's kind of sad in a way, since he is probably my last baby, and we are forever moving out of the infant stage. Still, only one more child to have to potty train! There is a definite bright side to moving out of this stage.

Anyway, here's to hoping that we have a short winter and a cheery January!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's always delightful to read what's going on in your house (and your mind). ha ha I always enjoy it. Hugs!
Kaycee said…
we had a good Christmas too! I am glad Terence got to be home with you guys.
I know how you feel, I am ready to be out of winter. I like winter from October until Christmas then it needs to end. It's soooo cold here. So gloomy and the air is so bad. I have been so blah since Christmas ended. I liked the hustle and bustle and all the exitment! Now it's just cold and January is like the worse month ever. But oh well we will make it through. I can't believe your baby is going to be one! I remember you on bed rest! That would be sad.
Stefanie said…
My anniversary in the 2nd and I generally feel a little blue when that has come and gone. I'm sure when Riley goes back to work and reality sets in I'll get the dull-drums. So far keeping Rigby home hasn't been too bad, but Riley's been here to keep me company.

Popular Posts