I Resolve . . .

  • To play every day with my kids
  • To try harder to see the good in any situation
  • To express my love and gratitude to Terence every day

There they are, my resolutions for 2010. I'm going for 3 for 3 this time! (Only I'm not really sure how to make #2 measurable-- oh, well, it's something I really want to work on anyway.)

I just finished reading Dr. Laura's book In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms-- it gave me some much needed reinforcement, and also some blunt reminders about the pitfalls we at-home mommies can fall into. It shaped my resolutions a bit this year, as well as reminding me of one important fact:

I have the best job on earth!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog! Great job! Great resolutions! You'll succeed!
Ashlie Dalton said…
#1 is one of my resolutions too. I'm having a really hard time with it though. Is it just me or is it hard to play with a 2 yr old?? Maybe I'm just really lame. All I can muster up is to sit there and watch him play cars and ask him dumb questions that he seems to think are dumb questions too. I have been told about 800 times today "I want dad". He even thinks I'm lame. All I want to do are selfish things for me... like clean the house, play on the computer, and sleep.
ANYWAY, hope you do better with it than I am so far.
Heidi said…
I think it depends on your kid, Ashlie-- I wouldn't feel like you are a lame parent. Jared doesn't like me to do much with him when he plays, but he does like me to be around sometimes and just watch (though not always). I count that in the playing time with him.

Plus, you do have a very young baby which is going to sap your energy for much else. Nothing to feel guilty about, just a fact of life! It will get better....
Kaycee said…
It is hard to play with the kids. That is one of mine too. Good goals.

Popular Posts