Bring It On

Hasta la vista, 2010!

I've seen some cool posts from others with the highlights of the year, but sorry folks, this is not one of those posts. Because with my advancing age, I can't seem to remember what exactly I've done this year. I guess I could scroll back through my own blog to see, but pshaw, life's too short to be looking backward, right?

Here's to the future!

Things to look forward to this year, in no special order:

  • B starting kindergarten
  • Surviving the Ragnar Relay
  • J getting baptized
  • Publishing my 2nd novel and writing the first draft of the 3rd
  • K's terrible twos
  • Disneyland with the kiddos (fingers crossed)
  • M flying through her next piano lesson book
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 coming out
  • Terence getting his performance pay back (hey, I can dream!)

In my immediate future I am looking forward to being able to get around without cringing in pain. Apparently I didn't realize that I was no longer up to doing The Firm workout (the old school rear-end-kicking one). I tried it on Friday and left my legs and butt so sore that it hurts to stand, walk, jog, sit or even lie down. I have yet to find a comfortable position. Yikes! (I may have compounded the problem by still continuing my Ragnar training, but I don't really have much choice in that department. If all else fails, I'm getting lots of practice running even when my body is screaming in protest. Should be right up the Ragnar alley.)

Happy 2011 everyone! May you have an adventurous year that brings you many of the things you hope for-- and some complete surprises too. After all, what fun would life be without unexpected happenings to spice things up?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ummm, fantastic post. So upbeat and fun. Thanks, I needed that!
Ashlie Dalton said…
what a fun year to look forward to! bring it on!!!
Kaycee said…
Wahoo to 2011!
One thing you seemed to leave out was going to the Leavitt reunion in June. ;op
Heidi said…
You're right, Kaycee!! What was I thinking??

Popular Posts