Whatever Crosses my Mind

It was a good thing I had that afternoon to breathe!!  The very next day it was my turn for the stomach flu, along with poor M.  Terence took very good care of everything in the morning, but he still had to go to work in the evening.  That was a very loooong evening.  The four younger kids were all perfectly well yet I could barely move.  And M was in worse shape.  (Nothing more wonderful than having to clean up every time your daughter throws up when you are already sick yourself.)

There were blessings in this whole episode though.  There were never more than two people in our family that were sick at a time.  We also got a two day break or so between each "sick day."  Terence was the last to get sick, and he waited until I was feeling quite well again so I was able to take care of everything. Really, it was about as well as things can go when the stomach flu hits a family of seven!

On another topic, election day has come and gone and we'll get another break from the nasty attack ads and the incessant phone calls for awhile.  (If only they'll take all the signs down quickly!)  I was disappointed by President Obama getting reelected but not surprised.  I have enough friends and family who support him wholeheartedly so I knew that there were many people who would still get out to vote for him.  I can't help but be gloomy though.  Do you know about the fiscal cliff in January?  If you haven't heard about it, you probably will soon.  I have no faith at all in our politicians to work out a solution.  On the positive side, the people of Arizona voted down Prop 204.  Hallelujah!!  We have enough people living here that don't want to create a California-style fiscal mess in our state!  (I could explain why that proposition was so awful but that would take another long blog post.)

Switching gears again (my thoughts are all over the place this morning), this year's Thanksgiving is going to be quite different from the last few years.  Ever since we moved back down to the valley from Sanders, we have spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house with my sisters and their families.  Sometimes my Aunt Becky's family would show up as well.  This year we are going to be a very small group-- well, "small" is relative when it includes a family of five kids, but a tiny group compared to previous years.  My father will be in the middle east for work again and my sister Camie will be in California.  It will just be my mom, my sister Amy's family, and me and the kids. (Terence has to work, but we're kind of used to that by now.  When I leave my mom's house I'll take a plateful of food and drop it off with Terence for his Thanksgiving dinner.)

Well, enough of my random thoughts for the morning-- I've got to get my kids rounded up for school.  Happy Friday, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts