Grateful for Air to Breathe

Sometimes when it rains, it pours.  Dumps buckets on your head, rather, and every time you try to breathe you get a mouthful of water.  Life has been like that around here lately.  We've been hit with $2000 worth of car repairs, lice, termites, and the stomach flu, all on top of my crazy busy life.  I've been running on four hours of sleep, practicing creative budgeting to pay all the bills, living as a single parent while Terence grabbed every overtime job he could, and dealing with strained relationships and whacked out hormones.  There have been days when I have cried from frustration and exhaustion.  There have been days when I've felt like I couldn't go on.  There have been days when I've felt so guilty that I thought the weight of it would smother me.  There were moments when I felt utterly alone and forsaken.  But of course I never was.  God was still in charge, and He didn't even let me get to the fourth watch before sending me help.

November is upon us, and today for the first time in weeks (maybe longer) I feel like I can breathe.  Despite the fact that the stomach flu still lingers and the termite treatment (and accompanying $1300 bill) still have yet to be tackled, my mood is cheerful, even buoyant.  The weather is cooler and beautiful, the lice have finally been banished, the van is running smoothly, there is enough money left in the emergency fund to pay for termites, I've more or less worked out the strained relationship issues, a certain person changed their workout schedule making my life easier, and the guilt is easing a bit.  Hey, Terence and I may even manage to go on a date sometime in the next month!  Things are looking up!

Comments

Amy said…
Plan the date! The 5th, 12, etc...I am avaliable every monday except the 19th :)
Stefanie said…
Oh, termites! I have to tackle that problem today, too. Its never cheap. Thanks for your message on FB the other day. I was having one of those days where I felt completely alone. It cheered me up and reminded me that Someone did care.

Popular Posts