Abby Kept Prodding So Blame Her

I'm officially writing again!

Well, I never really stopped writing.  There's this blog.  I also have a journal.  Plus when I post on Facebook it tends to be a little on the long side.  Oh, and I comment on other people's blogs. . . so yeah, I've kept writing all along.

But I took a long break from working on my latest novel.  Lately I've been getting antsy about it.  The story just wants to come out, despite all the other stuff I can never seem to get done.  I don't have enough hours in the day, I know.  The novel just came in at the bottom of that list. (Just like physical intimacy with my husband-- but that's a topic for a future post.  I'll tackle it soon; there's an interesting development on that front.)

Anyway, novel writing has officially moved back up the list.  I'm phasing out my crazy survey taking-- it wasn't a bad run (I made more than $700 this year just taking surveys)-- but it was extremely time consuming.  With some of that freed up time I am writing again, a little chunk at a time.  It's a fantasy this time, a story that I originally started plotting back in college.  The main character is named Sheralie, a girl with a magical gift in a matriarchal society where the magic has pretty much died out.  The basic themes are rather common in the fantasy genre, but I have a few twists planned, and I'm sure my characters have a few surprises up their sleeves too!  (In both my previous novels the characters insisted on taking the story in directions I hadn't originally planned.  Keeps things interesting, for me anyway.)  This is the story I nicknamed "Terence's Story" a long time ago because of all the stories I told him when we were first married this was his favorite.  He's been waiting for me to write it for years.

The point of all this rambling is to let all of you who have been pestering me for another book that yes, I'm finally working on it again.  If you want to check on my progress, I've got a word count meter up there in the right hand corner of the blog.  The goal is to slowly but surely see that red bar fill up all the way to the end.  Here goes!

Comments

Lissy said…
Awesome!! Can't wait to read it!
Abby said…
Yeah, YOU'RE WELCOME. Can't wait to read it in hardcover! :)
lanitapete said…
Wow, I'm excited!! If I can be of any help, let me know. I'm always willing and able!

Popular Posts