Skimming the Months

Wow, another year is almost over.  Time is shooting by now.  It's almost scary to think about-- if this coming year passes just as quickly (pretty likely, don't you think?) I'm knocking on the door of having a 12 year old. The teenage stage is lurking around the corner.  Scary!!

I thought I'd go back and just pick one memory for each month this year-- something that stands out, for whatever reason.

January

The month of recovery from two surgeries.  That's what I remember most.  Being sore and tired and anxious to get back to normal life.  I'm grateful that is almost a whole year in the past!

February

S's baby blessing happened this month.  She wore the same beautiful little dress that M and B wore.  (It was made by Terence's mom.)

March

I bought an annual pass to the county park system and the kids and I started our hiking tradition.  (We went on at least twelve long hikes this year.  The kids are getting to be pros!)

April

Terence and I tackled the Warrior Dash.  I learned that my shoulder is not up to climbing ropes and that crawling through mud is way harder than it looks!

May

J earned his Wolf badge in Cub Scouts.  He loves scouts!  (Still waiting to build a bird house though.  For some reason he thinks that building a bird house is THE sign you are a scout.)

June

We took a whirlwind trip to California for my brother-in-law's high school graduation.  So nice to see "home" again, even if it doesn't feel like home any more.

July

S started crawling, and nothing in the house was safe anymore!

August

My sister Camie's family moved back to California.  It was hard for our kids-- they are so close to their cousins.

September

S started walking-- holy moly!!  My earliest walker.

October

The girls and I spent the month trying not to hate our hair and living with eau-de-olive-oil as a perpetual companion.

November

Our family took turns with the stomach flu. Nobody escaped it.  M had it the worst, poor girl.

December

Terence had a whole week vacation and best of all, he got both Christmas Day and my birthday off!!  (The first time we've gotten so lucky since he became a cop.)


Well, that's a nutshell of some highlights from our year!  Both good and challenging.  Here's to another adventure coming our way-- hopefully it's the year when I learn to conquer the stress!


Comments

Anonymous said…
That was interesting. It put everything into perspective a little better. Sounds like it was a pretty good year.... except for the stress. Hope you can conquer it!
Happy New Year! And hugs from Utah!

Popular Posts