Six Random Things on the Brain

1.  I'm anti using hand sanitizer on my little kids (not a fan of them sticking alcohol-coated hands in their mouths).  This caused some minor consternation at the gym this morning when I refused to slather up my kids before sending them into the child care like the new lady wanted.  I don't like ruffling feathers, but sometimes I can't help it-- and then I spend the rest of the day ruminating about it.

2.  I love watching Downton Abbey.  However, I don't love my friends posting spoilers on my Facebook newsfeed when I'm still several episodes behind!!!

3.  I love visiting other women when their houses are a mess.  It really, really makes my day.  Not because I relish the sight of people living in chaos, but because it reminds me that I am not alone in struggling to keep up with stuff!  (Do you think if I asked the sisters I visit teach to purposefully skip cleaning before I came over they would do it?  Their houses are always so immaculate!  That would be rather selfish of me though.  I don't want them to feel mortified my whole visit.  And no matter how much we've all experienced a messy house, we're not comfortable showing that to other people.)

4.  My girls have such opposite personalities.  They look so much alike that many people expect them to act alike.  Then they are shocked when B talks non-stop to them (if they knew M first) or wonder why M refuses to acknowledge their existence (if they knew B first).  I wonder who S will take after-- or if she will find another way to be completely opposite both her sisters.  (Communicating non-stop in sign language perhaps :-)

5.  What is about boys and video games?  Everyone in my family likes video games, but the males in my household go above and beyond.  I mean they are obssessed!  From the middle-aged one down to the four year old.  They would probably spend all day and all night playing if it was possible.


6.  Tonight I had a prayer answered for something I'd been praying about for weeks-- and I almost didn't recognize it until Terence helped me make the connection.  A reminder that the answers always come, even if sometimes I have to patient and wait a bit.

Comments

Lissy said…
I relate to you so well! #1 sounds just like me - except the going to the gym part. I don't like hand sanitizer, and I don't like to, but do ruffle feathers - or imagine I have and then worry over it. That is interesting about your girls. I am wondering what Sierra will be like as she gets older - she and Lily were very different as babies. I enjoy your blog so much Heidi!

Popular Posts