Distracted

Twenty minutes until my run of piano lessons begins.  I should really be sweeping up the disaster mess of Cheerios mixed with dog food that S scattered all over the kitchen floor.  But I just downloaded a new "writing music" album (the music to the movie Oblivion-- which I'd never heard of before today) and I'm listening through my new tracks.  So far, it seems like it will be a perfect album for writing to.  I'm just not sure that it will be the perfect album for the story I'm currently writing.

We'll see.  Maybe I'll listen to it while writing and see if it can take the story in a new direction.

I'm stumped again.  Been here before, but last night I was trying to write and it just wasn't coming. All I kept thinking was "This is so boring!"  And if it's boring to the author that's a really terrible sign, in my opinion :-)  Something needs to be done, stat!  Before the story flatlines!!!  (Not a happy thought.  I'm 40,000 words into it, which is quite a substantial amount of work.  I don't want it to die here.)  The trouble is I am trying to develop some relationships without having to have constant drama or action, and I'm just not skilled enough to do it yet.  Without it getting boring.  I keep wondering to myself, "What the heck are they all doing?  Get out and DO something!"  Yeah, I have arguments with my own characters.

A positive development though: the guy that I had planned as the main love interest is finally starting to come around a little bit.  For the longest time he just wouldn't have anything to do with it.  He is refusing to be who I originally wanted, but apparently is willing to get interested in Sheralie, if I give him enough time.

Does it sound insane, that my characters don't do what I tell them?  They kind of sound like my kids, right?  As if I needed any more!  Fortunately, I don't have to feed them!

Well, it's time to go tackle piano.  Shoot, now I feel like working on the story.  Maybe tonight. . . .

Comments

Popular Posts