More Proof I Am One Lucky Woman

Terence gave me a very unexpected gift yesterday afternoon.

His time.

Let me explain a bit.  I was having a rough morning.  Partly was probably because of hormones, but mostly it was because Tuesday night went really badly at our house.  It was not one of my better parenting times.  In the end I went to bed Tuesday night feeling miserable and ashamed and with the beginnings of a headache coming on.  Wednesday morning I dragged myself out of bed with the headache in full bloom and no enthusiasm for anything.  I was still depressed, even though I had every intention of making sure the problems of Tuesday didn't ruin our Wednesday.  I had a busy morning, and I didn't really get a chance to talk to Terence, though he knew some of what was bothering me.  This was unfortunate because Terence is often the only one who can pull me out of a downward spiral of negative thoughts.  I knew I wasn't going to get to see him for our normal chat time just before he went to work either because I needed to run up to the valley after picking the kids up from school for some piano music that I had to have for Thursday's lessons.  I had resigned myself to this-- this often happens with our schedule-- but Terence had something different in mind.

When I started to load up the two younger kids to make the school run, he called out from the kitchen.  "Wait!  I'm coming with you!"

I thought this was odd, since he knew I was going up to the valley and I wouldn't make it back in time for him to get ready for work.  But he was totally serious.  Turns out, after realizing how blue I was, he had gotten last minute permission from his sergeant to take the night off.  He made the drive up to the music store, helped me get some shoe shopping done for M and J, and tackled the homework madness with the kiddos.  (Much needed, since M had a horrible homework night.)  He did some yard work and got some other minor chores taken care of.  He even offered to make dinner (though I already had lasagna in the works so I turned him down.)  And best of all?  I had a chance to talk through everything that was bothering me with him.  He took the brunt of the bedtime routine, and I was able to decompress a bit by getting a nice chunk of my story written.  With his help, I even got to bed at a decent hour.

I think Mother's Day came early this year!

Comments

kristi said…
That was super sweet! :)
I'm so glad you have someone who loves you so very much :)
kristi said…
That was super sweet! :)
I'm so glad you have someone who loves you so very much :)
Amy said…
Ah, that is so sweet. I got teary eyed while reading it. You are lucky to have such an awesome husband who loves you.

Popular Posts