Heartache

I was going to write a lighthearted post today, but then I received the news that the husband of a good friend unexpectedly passed away this morning.

It's been a hard day since then.  I'm going to miss Steve personally (he was our home teacher and a fantastic guy) but most of all I ache for my friend.  Literally, my chest has been burning at how hard this must be for her and for her boys and for the rest of the family.  I can't do anything much but pray for them, and I wish I could do more.

There is comfort though.  Kami and Steve were sealed in the temple and have the promise of eternity together.  This is temporary, but eventually, their family will all be together again.  That promise is available to all of us, and I am so, so grateful for temples and the blessings that Heavenly Father is willing to grant us if we are only willing to accept them.

Still, I hugged my husband a little tighter today before I sent him off to work.  I'm holding my kids closer and whispering just how much I love them.  Life is so short, and we never know when our earthly journey will be over.  We need to enjoy every moment that we can!

Comments

Popular Posts