Scattered Thoughts


  • Waiting for the watched pot to boil this week. . . my poor sister is now a week overdue and still has not had her baby!  I'm nowhere near as impatient as she is, but I'm still soooo excited to have a new little bambino in the family.  I miss having a baby to snuggle-- S is almost 2.  (Can you believe that?)
  • We are more or less ready for Halloween.  Kind of.  Maybe.  Well, I'm more on top of things than the year I was pregnant with S at this time.  How's that?
  • Terence and I actually discussed where we would like to be buried so the other one knows.  Neither of us cares as long as we are not cremated and we are buried next to each other.  (And both of us agreed that it is the decision of the surviving spouse and not extended family.  Check!  Now we just need to actually get all the legal stuff updated so it includes S.  Just in case.)
  • I ran over ten miles this Saturday.  Woohoo!!  I've never made it ten miles in one stretch before.  (I got breaks during the Ragnar.)  Maybe I'll be ready for this next trail race come January.
  • My attempt to go as long as possible without yelling at the kids ended abruptly this weekend.  I need a gameplan for hormonal crazy periods.  Last night was a bad combination of unavoidable circumstances, and I honestly can't think of how I could have handled the triggers better.
  • J can't button his church pants-- do these things shrink badly?  I just got him new pants!  Holy moly, the boy just keeps growing.
  • Getting kids to care about hygiene is tough.  Why is it that teaching them to brush their teeth in the morning or to bathe regularly seems overwhelmingly hard?  Why is it such a battle even as they get older?
  • I can't seem to get in a school volunteering groove this year.  We have a certain amount of hours we are supposed to put in every year at their charter school, and I seem to get in less of those hours every year.  I feel like I don't even know what they are doing in school now, yet when M was in kinder I felt like I could run the class better than a sub!
  • Terence and I have been having at home date nights-- watching a movie after the kids go to bed.  I love it, but the lack of sleep is killing me.  Well, lack of sleep in general is killing me.
  • Speaking of lack of sleep, I may have finally stumbled on a way to get my night owls to go to sleep more quickly.  They all have to get in bed with the lights off and their doors open, and I sit in the hallway right between the two rooms on a chair, shushing them constantly and ordering them back into bed.  Then I read a book while sitting on guard duty until they all give up and go to sleep.  It takes about an hour or so.  (I do sometimes give up before M, but usually by then the others are asleep and I hope for the best.)

Well, this update was a bit random and disjointed but that is pretty descriptive of my life nowadays.  Incoherent stuff all mixed together!

Comments

Kaycee said…
I have a hard time with getting my kids to sleep too. nights are hard. very hard.
I also need more sleep. It's killing me.
we also watch movies together. the only dates we get.
I think it's awesome you can run 10 miles. I can't run to save my life.
my kids also despise hygiene :(
I like your update

Popular Posts