Leavitt Lampoon's Vacation

Well, we made it back from Utah last night. It was time for the Stratton family reunion, and my parents were in charge this time. Since I haven't made it to a Stratton reunion since I was 18 years old, Terence and I decided that we would make it a priority to get to it this year.

The goal was a (mostly) stress-free vacation. Well, a "family trip," as my Aunt Beth would say, since a "vacation" is when you go alone with your spouse. Still, my parents had gone to great lengths to make this trip as desirable as possible. They rented a motor home to take us there, saving gas money and wear and tear on all our cars. Not to mention that they figured that the kids would be easier to entertain in a motor home, and it would save us from having to stop so someone could use the bathroom every 15 miles. Then, they rented a posh house perched on the side of the mountain in Park City so we could all stay together. My mother packed oodles and oodles of snacks, brought games and crafts, and hooked up two TV's-- one for movies and the other for Playstation games. My dad even rented cars for us to use when we arrived in Park City so we wouldn't be stuck with them all the time if we wanted to explore. Everything was planned down to a T to make this a fun, though short, trip up to Utah for the reunion.

My first clue that all might not go as planned came last Monday night. While I was sleeping my period decided to arrive with a vengeance. It was rather like the flood post-childbirth. For all of Tuesday I couldn't go more than two hours before leaking everywhere. Plus I promptly became a hormonal wreck (as usual.) Not the best situation when you are facing a 12 hour ride with seven kids and five adults in close quarters.

Still, none of us imagined just what was in store. Check in tomorrow for Day One of our attempt to match the Griswold family's adventures.

Comments

Brooke said…
How fun! I can't wait for tomorrows update!
By the way, I visited my holistic doctor a few weeks ago and asked her about the monthly depression I get and she said to take something called SAM-E. I got it at Henrys. It is a naturally occuring substance in your body and it helps with mood problems. You may want to try it.
Anonymous said…
Oh, boy!! This oughta be good. Can't wait!
Kaycee said…
oh my gosh, I am excited to read on!

Popular Posts