J's Baptism


I love baptisms!

I loved them on my mission, I love going to the baptisms of new members joining our ward or children who have reached 8 years old, and I even remember my own baptism quite fondly (if a bit vaguely). But one of the best parts of being a parent is when it is your own child getting baptized.


Today J was baptized, officially becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We had quite a few people come to show support and love for him as well as us, and I thank you very much!

Here are a few more pictures from J's special morning:



Terence, J, & Grandpa




Grandma, J & Me


The cousins (minus Jaci, from back left to right): J, Bryson, Kylie, M, Kaila, Braden, K, B, & Livvie


I know this is probably pretty obvious from other things that I write, but my whole life revolves around my firm belief that our church is the actual Church of Jesus Christ restored in our day, with all the authority necessary to help us return to live with our Heavenly Father again. As part of that, baptism by the someone with the proper authority is essential, and I am so grateful that it is available to my family. Congratulations, J, on taking your first step on a long but fulfilling journey, one that will hopefully bring you home to live with your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We are so proud of you!!

Comments

Lissy said…
Nice! Congratulations, Jared! Love seeing the photo of all the cousins! :)
Kaycee said…
That is exciting! Congratulations to Jared!
Anonymous said…
Wow! One of the neatest things in life. I SO loved your pictures. I'm happy for Jared and his wonderful decision, and for all those that were a support! Hooray!

Popular Posts