Keeping in Touch

Is November over already???

That has to have been one of the fastest yet slowest months I've ever lived through. S is nearly 3 weeks old, which I can hardly believe. Yet life has been slowly moving back into normal or rather life is forcing me to get up to speed super fast, depending on the point of view. Next week my piano lessons start back up again, as well as my volunteer time in the kids' classes at school.

This Sunday, in what is either determined faith or pure insanity on my part, I am going back to church-- on my own with all five kids. Terence has to work so this will be a true test of my ability to cope. My sister thinks I'm certifiably crazy for choosing to do this, but I've been missing church. Plus, we are moving to a new building this Sunday and it is much, much closer to home than our old chapel. I'd rather be there right from the beginning and get things figured out in the new setup when everyone else does. If worse comes to worse, we aren't that far from home, and we can always cut it short.

I'm also starting to plan my strategy for losing the baby weight and getting back on the exercise wagon. I should be able to start walking here soon-- slowly but surely my horrific tears are healing. I'm also planning to do the Beck Diet for Life. I did a version of this to kick start my weight loss journey post-K so I have great faith in it helping me again. In fact, I'm kicking around the idea of posting daily updates on a page on this blog, as part of my "reporting." (If you've never done such a thing, having to account to people who know you are dieting every day helps you make smarter choices during that day, especially when you are tempted to cheat.)

That's a quick update from around here. Bring on December, one of my favorite months of the year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww, so good to hear your old self coming back. Sounds like things are looking up for you. Great!
Kaycee said…
sounds like a good plan, I want to follow your weightloss.

Popular Posts