Looking Back, Looking Forward

It's almost time to say farewell to 2011!

Wow, this year has gone so fast.  It's funny, looking back to the beginning of the year and all that has happened.  I wrote a blog post about what I anticipated-- "Bring It On"-- and some of the things I looked forward to didn't exactly happen.  Most of them did though: B started kindergarten, I survived the Ragnar Del Sol, J got baptized, I published Corizen Rising, K surely hit the terrible twos, we took the kids to Disneyland in June, and I got to enjoy Deathly Hallows Part 2.  M hasn't made it through her third piano book yet (mostly because her teacher keeps forgetting her lessons), and Terence didn't get his performance pay back (though he got his uniform allowance back, which was a great help!)

The most entertaining thing of all to me when I re-read this post was my wish that we would get many of the things we hoped for in 2011 as well as some complete surprises.  Certainly that was the case for me!  This was the year of unexpected hospital visits: the kidney stone in February, the hemorrhaging in December, and most of all, the new baby in November.

S was the biggest unexpected adventure of 2011 for sure!

Now it's time to gear up for 2012. . . as soon as I get past my 36th birthday.  For some reason, this birthday is bothering me just a little bit.  I'm feeling distinctly middle-aged.  Maybe it's because this is the year I pass up my mother?  (She's still celebrating her 35th every year.)  Terence tried to get M to pick up a "3" and a "7" candle for my cake, and I threw a fit.  No adding extra years on my head already!  (It's Terence who turned 37 this year, not me.)

And I know that at some point I'll look back and sigh, thinking how young I still was at 36.

This is my resolution for 2012-- to enjoy every moment to the best of my ability, no matter how unexciting or difficult.  Time is passing way too fast for me to do anything else!

Comments

Kaycee said…
You did have a crazy ride in 2011!
That's a good resolution. That's all we can do.
take one day at a time, do your best and enjoy life because it goes so fast!
I hope 2012 is more calm for you.
Anonymous said…
Good post! Hey, I didn't get a chance to wish you Happy Birthday since I left town the 30th and got back late the 3rd. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hugs, Pete

Popular Posts