Rewards

I have a dilemma.

In my preparation stage for the diet, I am supposed to choose a non-food reward for every five pounds that I lose. However, I am coming up entirely empty for motivating ideas! It needs to be inexpensive because I don't have a lot of extra money floating around to reward myself with. But it needs to really be a treat I can enjoy, otherwise what kind of reward would it be?

I brought this up to Terence last night and he suggested that I could reward myself with renting a Redbox movie or by getting a massage from him. Both of these are OK ideas, but renting a video is not all that motivating for me. Only rarely is there a movie that I really want to rent. As for the massage, I love getting them from my husband, but I'm pessimistic enough to doubt that the promised massage would actually materialize. (Not the Terence dislikes doing it, but fitting it into our schedule, especially when we have free time not interrupted by children, is the true challenge.)

What kinds of rewards would motivate you? Maybe some of your ideas will spark some good ideas of my own!

Comments

Amy said…
I have this problem myself...I have no idea what to reward myself with that wouldn't cost me more money than I have. Maybe for every 5 pounds you lose you get an afternoon off to take a nap :) You could get other people involved (me, mom) to take your kids for the day and you could relax and take some time for yourself.
Stefanie said…
Yeah, time alone is a huge incentive for me. I reward myself with bubble bathes. Its amazing what a bottle of calgon can really do. Or maybe lunch with your mom or a friend.
Lissy said…
I love the new photos you posted. Such gorgeous kids! Apparently my comment from yesterday didn't stick. I had the same idea as the others - some time to yourself with friends and family watching the kids. Or maybe indulging in a library book or an inexpensive new or used book from a bookstore? Can't remember if I had any other ideas, but maybe there's a healthy food treat like a fruit you don't normally buy if that's not against your rules. Maybe you can mix it up with the massages and other things you like so it's not the same thing every time. Make a reward jar or something. Sounds like from your post above you should just take it easy for now. Hope you feel back to normal soon, an everyone else in your house too!
Kaycee said…
A night out or a night alone. I prefer a night out.
Ashlie Dalton said…
yes, reward yourself with a nice long nap. or an afternoon/evening off doing whatever you want (reading, writing, etc.)!
i hope the bleeding stops soon. i had a friend who just had a baby and she was hemorrhaging and had to have a D&C. but the first ultrasound didn't show anything so it took awhile for them to figure it out. i hope that isn't the case for you.

Popular Posts