The Follow Up Ultrasound

Ultrasound tech: So we're checking to see why you're growing so big?

Me: Yep.

(A few minutes of playing around with the pictures)

Ultrasound tech: Wow, this is one big baby! Any idea why he might be so big?

Me: Um, I think I just have bigger babies.

(More minutes of trying to get the baby to cooperate. He keeps squirming around, but she does manage to get the measurements.)

Ultrasound tech: He just won't sit still. What's going on in there? Is he always this active?

Me: Yeah. (Maybe he just wants to be able to keep up with the rest of the family? He'll fit right in with his sibs.)

Ultrasound tech: Wow, this boy is HUGE! He's in the 97th percentile. And look at that-- he's already measuring 2 lbs! (She pauses for a moment.) I don't think you want to go full-term with this one.


Well, here's one vote for a December birthday! I don't think I want to deliver a 9 or 10 pound baby.

Comments

J. Baxter said…
December b-days are not fun, but are probably still preferrable to delivering a huge baby. I know, I've experienced both:)
Abby said…
Maybe he'll be born on your birthday!

Popular Posts