Happy Birthday, M!


M is now seven! We had a small family party to celebrate. She's getting old enough to want to have a party with a whole group of friends invited, but this year we just didn't have the extra money for it. Hopefully, next year we will be able to do it. Still, she seemed to enjoy herself. In the morning we took cupcakes to her class at school-- she was very excited for this part. Last year because the school construction delayed the start of school, her birthday came before school started.


After school we had a M-kind of lunch: corndogs, french fries, and pizza, followed by her birthday cake and presents. Then she and her daddy went out for some one-on-one time and got some ice cream. I think she seemed to enjoy it. I can't believe my little M is seven years old!


By the way, I had to make M's cake myself, who gave me the specific instructions that it be a cupcake-cake and that it have writing on it. I think, overall, it pretty much qualifies as a Cake Wreck kind of cake. Only I'm not a professional, so I have some excuse. At least I spelled all the words right!!!

Comments

Abby said…
I think it looks pretty good! Better than how mine would have looked.

I can't believe how much she looks like you more and more every time I see (a photo of) her. And seven?? Already? Holy crap.
Anonymous said…
A birthday cake with candles and lots of sprinkles---what can be better than that??

Popular Posts