Patience is a Virtue

Just thought I'd leave a quick update...sitting at the computer is something I can kind of get away with, but trying to type seems to bring on the contractions. Yeesh.

I saw my doctor yesterday and pleaded to be allowed to do a little. She conceded, kind of-- if you call getting up to eat a short meal a concession. And she's allowing me to drive myself to my diabetes class on Thursday (but not driving in general.) Other than that, she told me to expect to be on bed rest until 37 weeks. *sigh* At least I don't have to get the progesterone shots anymore. My doc says I'm the only patient she's had where they didn't work. Figures!

People have been so good to me though! My mom has been a lifesaver-- she's cleaned my house, done my laundry, picked up the kids from school, taken them over the weekend, anything and everything to help. My sisters have been chipping in too, and my visiting teacher and one of my neighbors from my ward have just rearranged their lives to help me out.

So I am working on being a patient immobile incubator to the utmost of my ability. So far the baby is well and I am not dilating, even though the contractions start up every time I stand. This is very reassuring-- thank you so much to all of you who have had our family in your prayers!!!

Comments

Abby said…
Holy crap. And how many weeks are you again?
Ashlie Dalton said…
ya, i was wondering how far along you are too???
Kaycee said…
you don't know me, and I don't know you, but I thought I would check out your blog. I am Lanita Browns granddaughter and Ashlie's cousin Kaycee wyatt.Hope you don't mind that I did. But I just want to say good luck with your scary pregnancy!

Popular Posts