Politics Give Me a Headache

Last night Terence dragged me away from reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to watch the presidential debate. Terence is a rabid opponent of Obama, and while he doesn't exactly drool over McCain, he still wanted to see him trounce Obama in the debate.

Ugh, if I already wasn't so unenthusiastic about this presidential election, it may have well put me into a voluntary coma, begging to be woken up when it was all over.

Obama's comments on anything foreign policy-related made me shake my head in despair. It sounded ridiculous that he should spout about how we need to "see around the corner" with Russia, and yet mention nothing about Russia's shenanigans in South America. Right in our own backyard, and I wonder if Obama has even any idea? So much for being able to anticipate what Russia's going to do in the future.

McCain's ludicrous attempt at fixing health care also made me sick. Just so you all know, our family would take a massive tax hit under his proposed plan, because apparently we are one of those lucky 5% of Americans who have a golden insurance policy (though it doesn't cover hair transplants.) In fact, it's one of the only things that makes working as a cop economically feasible. Arizona provides one stellar insurance program for us. So, sure McCain, go ahead and shoot a middle-class family in your own state. That will get my vote!

Yuck. I have to keep reminding myself that I have never been enthusiastic about a presidential candidate before, so why should it change this year? And yet the world has never ended before, and I don't think it will this time either. Still, I wish it was all over and done with...only another month. Thank goodness for that!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Geez, fun catching up on your blog. I've been rearranging my house and haven't been on. But I am a fan hooked on your blog. So fun to keep up on your life. It makes me relive my past which is fun. Those were the days (with young kids). Keep up the good work. Hugs, Pete
annie valentine said…
Tell me about it. With my husband out of town I am Debate Exempt this election round and loving it. I tivo them just so I won't feel guilty, then watch a few minutes on mute so I can tell him I saw a "bit" of it.
Brooke said…
Well, I wouldn't be so confident in the world not coming to an end this time around. :)

Popular Posts