Please Let It Be Just a Phase

"You're so mean. I'm getting so, so angry at you."

"Stop talking to me. Your talking is making me sick. If you keep talking I'm going to throw up on K."

"You keep telling me again and again and again. Don't tell me again!"

"You're stupid, Mommy."

Who taught B to talk again??? Can we please go back to the sweet days of "Mama," "Dada" and "doggie?" Seriously, this girl is three going on thirteen at least. Not only are her words obnoxious, she also has all the other expressions to make the drama complete. Big exasperated sighs, scowling looks, slamming doors, and even "Grrrr" when she doesn't like something I ask her to do.

Plus this last week has been a mammoth week of destructive behavior. I could have listed it here, but it was just too much. I added it as a sidebar-- hopefully, I won't have to add anything more to that list! (But I'm not going to hold my breath.) I know who she's learning the language from-- she sounds exactly like M, unfortunately. Maybe they are both getting it out of their system now and I won't have to deal with it when they're teenagers? (Please let it be so.)

It's B's 4th birthday this week-- I had hoped she would have grown out of the wrecking ball behavior but apparently not. (Shoot, M and J still have their moments.) Still, I sincerely hope that she grows out of it before K is old enough to learn from it. If only one of my children could refrain from terrorizing the house. . . .

Comments

Ashlie Dalton said…
I think kids with older siblings pick up on things like that quicker. I'm a little nervous what it's going to be like with baby #2.
Sometimes Cole comes home from playing with other kids and says things like "no mom!", and "MINE!!!".
I hope it's just a phase too. Doesn't it make you have sympathy for your mom?? It sure makes me.
Anonymous said…
Good grief. I'd be tearing my hair out. I'm so glad those days are over. Good luck to you. Isn't there ANY kind of punishment that would mean anything to a 3-13 year-old?....lack of privileges? or something. I'd be at a loss. I think I was too hard on my own kids. I'd have gone ballistic back then. Of course, they grew up before I did. ha ha Sad!
kristi said…
My mother-in-law and I had this conversation today. She said the boys were giving me a run for my money being fresh (Nic even laughed at me when I yelled at him today).
I told her I swear I was more scared of my mom and totally smarter. If I was going to continue mouthing back or roll my eyes, etc... I at least did it upstairs where she couldn't see me ~ and/or catch me to smack me!
Kaycee said…
That is totally Abbey. She tells me she hates me. She talks just like Brie. Abbey isn't even 3 yet!

Popular Posts