A Clean Bill of Health?

Just in case anybody was wondering, I thought I'd update you on my current depression/bleeding dilemma status. I went to the doctor last week and she confirmed what I already knew: since I haven't had a lick of extra bleeding from a cut, and my periods have been lasting a normal 5 days instead of three weeks, we can be 99% sure that it was the Zoloft making me bleed like a hemophiliac. So at least until my one year postpartum time is up, she would like me to keep taking the other antidepressant Wellbutrin.

Does it work?

Well, I don't really know. Would I be more depressed if I quit taking it? That's the question. Do I feel as great as I did on the Zoloft? Definitely not. That's kind of a bummer. Rather, I feel "normal" in the sense of how I've felt most of my life when I'm not horrifically depressed. Still, I'm keeping up with my family mostly, I haven't had a crying bout in a while (since last PMS time, anyway) and there have been absolutely no suicidal urges/thoughts so hey, better than nothing, right?

The other thing that has been concerning my doc is my jaw joint's obnoxious habit of snapping out of place and causing excruciating pain when I'm talking or eating (or occasionally just when I'm trying to breathe during a swim.) Unfortunately, included in the ravaging of our benefits package this year was the exclusion of any kind of coverage for TMJ stuff. My dental insurance excludes it too, so now what do I do? My doctor would like me to get X-rays, but I sure as heck don't have the cash to pay for that out-of-pocket. So I'm going to act like there is nothing wrong with my jaw at all. Maybe it's all in my head and it will go away. (Just pretend you don't notice if I suddenly double over in pain when I'm chatting with you, OK?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like if it isn't one thing it's another. The on-going battle of health and well-being. Boo on the jaw problem. What a bummer. Good luck.
Kaycee said…
Oh my gosh how aweful! I am sorry things arent going so well in the health department. I hope you can get every thing under controle.
The Hatch's said…
Try a night guard. They have them at any drug store. You can get them from your dentist too but it will cost a lot more. Your jaw could be going out of wack if you are clench or grinding your teeth at night thus not giving your jaw muscles time to rest while you are sleeping inturn making them go all wacky. Try it for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. Also don't foget to ask your chiropractor if there is anything that he can do for you. Hope this helps. I'll see if I can come up with anything else. I promise I'm not just pulling this stuf out of the air. I work in the dental field. Good Luck!

Popular Posts