Flotsam and Jetsam

Just the latest edition of whatever random tidbits happen to cross my mind:

* Amidst all the shock and hullabaloo of finding out I was pregnant, Terence and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. For the first time ever, Terence remembered to get me something while I completely forgot. Oops. (I made it up to him.)

* My kids have been fascinated (in kind of a morbid way) with the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I've let them see quite a few pictures and some videos, and they have been remembering the people of Japan in their prayers without any prompting from me. No one seemed worried or scared about it until we got on the subject of leaving stuffed animals behind in an emergency. After that conversation, B spent the next five hours or so terrified and in tears at the thought of a tsunami hitting our home and having to leave her stuffed animals behind to get washed away. (Heaven forbid we should ever have a house fire-- B will want to run back in to save her toys.)

* Nausea sucks. I keep trying to reassure myself that at least I am not throwing up yet, but it's not working. Also, I got the brand new experience of suddenly getting nauseous in the middle of a lap during my swim this week. And here I thought swimming would be my lifesaving low-impact way to get some exercise!

* K likes to stuff his shirt full of matchbox cars. Since he's always in a onesie nowadays (until he can break the habit of pulling his boy parts out of his diaper and peeing everywhere) it means that I find a collection of six or seven cars every time I change his diaper. I guess it's his way of having a pocket, right?

* M just lost one of her crowned molars (a "silver tooth"), and she is planning to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy tonight. Hopefully, the tooth fairy comes . . . often she has a busy route and can't make it to our house until the next day. . . or the next. (Or so I rather feebly explain. I wonder how much longer I'll be able to keep this up.)

* This week's piano lessons have been a bomb-- I only had one lesson out of the five students who come on Wednesday and Thursday. Granted, with two of them their mom had sudden health issues that landed her in the hospital. Still, I hope that tomorrow goes better. I hate to spend all the energy to pick up my house only to have no one show. I'd much rather crash on the couch nowadays.

* M and J are loving spring break-- if only because they don't have to get up while it's still dark. I'm enjoying that part too. I think it's going to be hard to get back into the school routine. At least it's getting lighter earlier.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I should probably go get some rest before I doze off here at the computer. (If only my kids would listen and stay in bed too!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love all the little tidbits. Fun to read about the cute ways of the kids, and your musings.

Popular Posts