Wanted: A Long, Peaceful Night's Sleep

I'm so tired. This pregnancy stuff is killing me already, and I'm only 5 weeks along! (This is going to be a long first trimester, I bet.)

I should really just call it a night, but I figured I'd pop on here and share the results of my doctor's visit today. In short-- nothing much to do but try not to worry. As far as the kidney stone and the gall stones go, since I wasn't able to catch the kidney stone they have no idea what caused it, so I'll just be drinking more water and keeping my fingers crossed that I never get one again. Since the gallstones don't bother me, we are just going to ignore them. (If they do start to bother me, then I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.)

As for the CT scan and the drugs and the baby-- morphine and vicodin are both "B" drugs for pregnancy, meaning they are not exactly safe but they aren't known to cause any serious birth defects. So no reason to worry there, not really. With the CT scan, my doc had to look it up-- she scanned the first few paragraphs and then told me, "Well, I don't think you really want to read this, since it already happened and there's nothing we can do about it now." In short, an ultrasound would have been a much better choice than the CT scan. Still, she said what you all said-- that my chances are still very good that everything will be just fine. I'm just supposed to try and get in to see my OB sooner rather than later. That will be the tricky part-- my OB is one very booked lady so she doesn't usually see newly pregnant patients until they are 10 weeks along. I'll have to talk my way past the receptionist's standard procedures for scheduling, and given my irrational antipathy to phone calls, I am already dreading it.

So silly that something so small as trying to make a doctor's appointment would make it hard for me to sleep when I'm so tired, but there you are. I'm stressing about it, and it's keeping me up. It's ridiculous, I know, but what can I do?

Maybe I should beg my husband for a massage or something. . . .

UPDATE:

My appointment is all made and it was no big deal-- I swear, sometimes I am the silliest person ever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is the way it always it. We stress ourselves out over what eventually becomes "nothing". Sounds like me and the dentist of past. I was always asking when he was going to start, after stressing and staying awake half the night, and he'd say, "Oh, I'm done!" Grrr, for having wasted all that time stressing. Congrats on the appt, and pregnancy in general.
Kaycee said…
sounds like me! I am a huge in the worry department. But I don't blame you.
The Hatch's said…
Just for your info they can tell you if you have other kidney stones in your kidneys by looking at xrays and scans. You might ask just so you can be aware.
Heidi said…
I had only the one kidney stone. Fingers crossed it is the only one that ever forms!!!!

Popular Posts