Two Sides of Life

Ugh, I'm so tired of being sick already! (And I suspect everyone around me is tired of hearing about how tired I am of feeling sick.) Seriously, I know I should be counting my blessings-- and I do-- but nothing makes it harder to enjoy spring than feeling like you're going to upchuck at any second.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

Well, on to my regular life . . . what little we have of it these days. It's spring break here. We're actually on our second week off. I really enjoy it. Having two week breaks is definitely a perk. I know for kids the modified year-round schedule is not that fun but as a parent I've really grown to like it. We haven't done a ton of stuff, but I did manage to take the kids to both the Renaissance Fair and the zoo, though we didn't last more than three hours at either. K especially is a joy to take to the zoo right now since he finds the animals fascinating. Alas, I do not have any pictures from either, seeing as how I never remember my camera anymore. Actually I even remembered to take my camera with us to the zoo but left it on the front seat. Oh well, I don't usually have free hands for taking pictures anyway, unless there is another adult to help me corral the kids. Tomorrow Terence is taking a vacation day and we are planning to do something fun with the kids, we just don't know what yet. (Quite frankly, I haven't gotten the kids' hopes up about that yet because I don't feel well enough to plan much, and Terence generally doesn't take the initiative on stuff like that. We may just end up sitting around and watching a movie together.)

As for other side of my life, let's see . . . I've been working to finish up the editing my second novel, hopefully within the next week. After that I will need to get it formatted and come up with a cover, but that's it and it will be heading for the land of self-publishing. Fun stuff, right? The plan is to get this novel out by this summer and then take a break for awhile. Somehow I have a feeling that working on a new book with baby #5 might have to wait for a bit. But then again, when the writing bug hits, I usually have to go with it. Who knows, maybe I will finish up Terence's novel by the end of the year! It's going nowhere right now though. The nausea has completely sapped my creative juices.

I keep reminding myself that this is all a phase, that the story urge will come back soon. After all, if I'm not writing stories, who am I exactly? It's such a big part of myself that I feel lost without it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Even tho it's been 45 years ago since my 5th pregnancy, I remember it well. Especially the part you're going thru now. Avon perfume was VERY popular at that time and everyone wore it. AND I could smell it 1/2 block away, I swear. And it always made me barf. No matter where I was or what I was doing. Didn't matter which scent it was, if it was Avon, I knew it. To this day I can't stand the smell of Avon perfumes. Hope your idea juices come back. Wanta read some more!
Kaycee said…
I can totally feel for you. I get so darned sick during pregnancy. 4 months of every day all day! horrible

That is one reason I keep debating on baby #4. I am sure I will go through with it, but I hate the first part of pregnancy.

you are a trooper. Can you still work out?
Heidi said…
No, not really. I've tried a bit, but it's just to hard to try and exercise when I feel sick like this. And my endurance is gone already. 20 minutes wipes me out just like I'd done 2 hours or something.

Popular Posts