I Can't Go Naked, But . . .

This is becoming a dilemma a lot sooner than I'd hoped.

What to wear????

See, my tummy has this obnoxious problem of popping out and looking far more pregnant than I am even at early stages. And it's not just because it's number five-- it has happened with my other pregnancies too, all except the first. (Only with B and K I was overweight enough that it wasn't quite as noticeable.)

When I was pregnant with J I just gave in and starting wearing my maternity clothes at 7 or 8 weeks along. At least I was comfortable, even if everybody known to man did comment that they thought I was expecting twins, since I was so noticeably pregnant at 8 weeks.

Now I'm nearly seven weeks along and having the same dang problem. Many of my clothes don't fit, and even the ones that still do are very uncomfortable. (Pressure on my nauseous tummy is NOT welcome right now.) Only I can't solve it the same way. Since we figured K was the last, I starting giving stuff away as soon as I was done with it. My baby stuff, my maternity clothes-- you name it, I chucked it. Even if I still did have the maternity clothes, they probably wouldn't work, since as a whole I'm way skinnier than I was the last couple of pregnancies to start with.

For some people, this would be a golden opportunity! An iron-clad excuse to go shopping!!! Yet, I don't like shopping normally, let alone when I feel sick. And really, who likes shopping for maternity stuff after the first pregnancy, when you know you are going to get so tired of those clothes? Add to the list that what I need right now is not going to be big enough to handle my giant tummy later, and I really don't want to spend the money for two sets of clothes.

I do have a couple of pairs of workout shorts and one pair of larger capris that will do for a little while, but a couple pairs of anything is not enough. K manages to slime nearly everything I wear (and to be honest, I spill on myself often enough). Since the laundry is really piling up these days, and I'm depressed enough without having to wear dirty clothes, a few more outfits would be really helpful.

But then I'm back to the part about needing to go shopping.

The dilemma.

Comments

Vera said…
I bought some gently used maternity clothes on ebay for pennies on the dollar, check it out you might find something that will work - biggest problem alot of warm weather wear has no sleeves.
Vera said…
I bought them for my daughters.
Kaycee said…
I completely understand!!! I was so embarressed that I NEEDED to wear maternity clothes at 7 weeks. I pop out so soon in pregnancy and I always look WAY further then what I really am. When any one asks me when I am due, they get so surprised at my answer. I always had people asking if I was having twins or people always told me my babies were going to be huge (that part was true)
You should go get clothes. you will feel better wearing clothes that are cute and fit comfortably. Go out when you feel the best, even if that may never really happen. Good luck!
Heidi said…
Vera-- wait, you mean you weren't buying them for yourself??? :-)
Stefanie said…
I also have this problem and feel the same way about shopping. When I was working when I was pregnant with Hayley, I did some shopping. But before long the only thing that fit was a pair of jeans and I giant yellow T-shirt. I felt like a school bus walking around ASU's campus surrounded by Paris Hilton look-a-likes. With Chloe, I mostly wore sweat pant. By the time I was pregnant with Rigby I was totally over my previous clothes and too nauseous to buy anything new. The part that killed me was I out grew them by the last month, couldn't get them over my hips and butt, but my baby was only in the 3rd percentile. I went to Target and found a cute pair of Yoga pants and wore those the entire 3rd trimester. Good luck.

Popular Posts