B, Artist Extraordinaire

I finally had a little break this morning with just B. You know, how it's supposed to be with the other two kids in school. Terence was kind enough to schedule his workout to pick up J, so I had a whole two hours this morning with only my darling youngest child. Should have been a piece of cake, right?

I actually thought I'd rest for a bit (how silly of me) since these progesterone shots I now get every week make it hard to keep my eyes open. B was happily entertained playing in the water in my bathroom sink, so I crashed on my bed, just a few feet away. I didn't even fall asleep, just read for a little bit. After a few minutes, I dragged myself up to check on B, since she was now running the water full blast. To my chagrin, I quickly discovered that she had gotten bored with playing with just water and decided to pour out my brand-new bottle of facial cleanser into the sink. Annoying, but minor. I sighed and trekked my soapy daughter off to time-out in her room.

After the blissfully quiet five minutes she spent in time-out, I went to let her out of her room. At first, I couldn't get the door open, so I thought she must have fallen asleep. After all, it had been an awfully quiet time-out. Alas, no. B shifted enough for me to poke my head in and then reflexively gag. She was lying on the carpet, covered in an all-too-familiar brown, smelly goop. In the absence of any other kind of entertainment, she had been inspired to smear handfuls of her diaper contents all over her own body (and the carpet.) Ewwww.

Finally, after B was more or less clean, I tromped back to my own bathroom to scrub my hands up, only to be greeted by more of B's artwork. (How did I miss it before?) She had taken Terence's liquid shoe polish and created a vast polka-dot landscape all across my cherry bathroom cabinets. These are the days I just love being a mom.

Comments

Brooke said…
I don't know what you guys did to deserve such artistically creative children. Lucky you!!

Popular Posts