Happy Birthday, B!




Yesterday was B's 3rd birthday, and we had a little family party to celebrate. Terence actually got the day off, so we were able to have Daddy home even. The morning started off hectic enough, as it was a normal school day for J and M, but once both kids were off to school, B helped me bake her birthday cake. (I think she found making the cake just as fun as eating it later.) She had picked this cake out herself-- strawberry cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.


Once the kids were home from school, we ate lunch and then went swimming at the community pool. This is B's favorite thing to do, lately. Of course, all she wants to do in the pool is hold onto my hands and dunk herself under the water. So while J and M swam, and Terence played around with his remote control car, I sat on the pool seat and let B dunk herself over and over, for nearly an hour straight. A birthday's a birthday, right?


At home we had the cake and presents. B sang happy birthday with us and then energetically blew out her three candles. M wanted to help, but of course, B is a big girl now. "No! That's my cake! My presents!!!"


She did manage to open all her presents herself and I think we did a good job of picking out favorites (whew!) Sometimes it's so hard, but with a stuffed light-up bear, a ballerina Barbie, and a Barbie DVD we could hardly go wrong. Princess B is pretty easy to please with the girly stuff right now.


Anyway, my baby girl is officially not a toddler anymore (according to the What to Expect site.) I think the category now is preschooler. Now if only the potty-training was a distant memory instead of a daily chore.

Comments

Abby said…
Happy Birthday Brie! Holy crap, I can't believe she's three already! I keep thinking of her as a baby. Time moves way too fast.
Brooke said…
What a great party. We had a similar day with Christian last week for his 2nd birthday. Just our family, lunch at Chuck E Cheese with Dad, and then homemade cake and a present. Simple and fun.

Popular Posts