A First for Me

Well, I'm a relative newcomer to all this blogging stuff, but my interest has finally been piqued enough to try it. My mom of all people kept saying that other people might want to read about the craziness in my house, and Brooke did say they wouldn't mind hearing about our family occasionally, so why not?



I thought I'd start by explaining my title, just for the heck of it. Kids-- well, there are three in our home under 7 and one more on the way, and let's just say, they are extremely talented kids in creative destruction of everything I own, they own, or gulp, even what anyone who visits owns. (If you are coming to my house, you are hereby warned!!!) Crickets-- I think we must have put up a notice when we moved into our house declaring welcome to all crickets! Since it's summer they are out in force, but they never really go away, even during winter. I have learned in self-defense not to jump or scream when I see one, and the noise they make (finally, after two years) has become background noise. Still, everything we have tried to wipe them out has not worked. Most effective have been those sticky board traps meant for mice, but even after we have tricked thousands of crickets to torturous, slow deaths they are still thriving in our home. Cactus-- I am a transplant to the Sonoran Desert and somehow, the desert just refuses to seem like home yet! I spent a lot of time visualizing my future home, and never did it include spiky, tumbleweed-like attempts at trees and cacti ready to attack on all sides. Maybe it will come. Someday.

Comments

Abby said…
Hooray! You're here! Congrats on getting caught up despite having 1,000 children.
Heidi said…
Need I remind you? I have exactly ONE more child than you, Ms. Abby! Does that mean you have a brood of approximately 600??? :-)

Popular Posts