Murphy's Law Strikes Again

My body has absolutely impeccable timing. You know how I wrote that part of the reason Monday was such a horrific day was because of the PMS? Well, despite having my fingers crossed and hoping against hope, my "monthly friend" has shown up in full force today. As in cramps, super plus tampons that barely last an hour, and a killer backache. Plus I'm exhausted. All this is pretty much the standard period routine for me, and I know by tonight I am going to be completely wiped out.

However, I have a triathlon tomorrow morning.

I am going to have to swim in a pool, go on a ten mile bike ride, and then run three miles without being able to visit a bathroom. Hopefully without passing out from lack of iron or something either!

If I could plan these things better I would. Unfortunately, I am in no way a regular gal. There's no way to plan anything out even a month ahead of time, not for sure. When the PMS struck earlier this week, my husband was the one who started getting nervous. "When's your triathlon again? Maybe everything will wait until after?" I was so oblivious that I had simply assumed that of course my cycle would start after the race. After all, didn't I just have one? (Even when it's been six weeks it still seems like I just got through a period.)

Actually, I should have just assumed it would be this way. My body seems to know exactly when I don't want to have a period and time it just perfect for that day. I even had the joy of starting a period on my wedding day. Oh, yeah. That was a blast. . . .

Wish me luck. I am really going to need it!!!!

Comments

mom said…
Seems I remember that wedding day stuff well :)

Good luck with the triathalon tomorrow. Do you have a cheering section already? Does Terence have the kids covered? Call me with the details...I'm back in town for a few weeks.
Abby said…
I'm so sorry, lady. I have the same sorts of periods myself, including the major hemorrhaging. I don't see how you could go three hours without a change. Good luck with that.
Ashlie Dalton said…
dumb periods anyway.
i even get them while nursing.
BOOOOOOO!
good luck with the triathalon!!!
Kaycee said…
I am sorry! How aweful. what timing for your periods!
Pray that you can do it tomorrow. Good luck!

Popular Posts