Opinion Panel

OK, I have yet another request to make. Maybe this is silly of me, but since I am planning to print out at least one copy of this novel once I am finished revising it, I would like to have an actual picture on the cover. I don't have a lot of options or resources, since I don't exactly have the funds to pay a graphic designer (seeing how this is only for my own personal gratification), but with my trial copy of Photoshop I had some fun coming up with different covers. But I now am having trouble deciding between them. There were five originally, and I have narrowed them down to three. Take a look below and cast a vote for your favorite in the new poll:

Cover #1



Cover #2


Cover #3


Keep in mind that I had some trouble translating the documents into pictures in order to upload them here, so any strange borders and stuff probably came with that. Also, just in case it makes for a different opinion, this is a science fiction story that would probably be in the young adult category.

Now, hopefully I can get on with the revising. At the moment a character named Laeren is making my life difficult. Yes, a fictional character I created is wreaking havoc with my sanity. So I'm a little weird, I'll admit it. Ah, well. Such is life.

Comments

kristi said…
#1 would really catch my eye as an adult. It looks like it would be a good myserious book.

If I was buying it for my teenage daughter I would probably buy cover #3.
Abby said…
I like #1 a lot except that it isn't very scifi-ish. So I guess I think #2 fits better. But I do like the look of #1 the most (but I voted for #2).
mom said…
okay, this is a hard one...i think #2--but i like them all.
Amy said…
Since I read the first version of this book (although I guess you may have changed a lot on the second version..) I vote for cover 3. It makes most sense to me.
Kaycee said…
I want to read your book when it's done. I liked the #1 cover.
The Hatch's said…
when you get published are you going to keep your maiden name as your auor name or will you use Johnson?
Heidi said…
If I ever get published :-) it will be using my maiden name. Poor Terence groaned about that but eventually conceded it was OK.
Lissy said…
I like #1 as is the best, but I'd go for an altered version of #3. Blow the image up to fit the entire cover with no border, but with the focus on the girl's face, and get a photo of a really beautiful girl. Check out the newest cover for The Reluctant Heiress for an idea. I'd have her in the lower corner looking up and the spacey stuff in the background, but have her face take up a good deal of the space. The cover can sell it - if the girl has an intriguing look about her it will.
Heidi said…
Lissy, you should just design the cover for me! You're an artist, and I like your ideas!! Alas, I have no photos of really beautiful girls hanging around. I had to do the best I could with Microsoft clip art offerings.

Popular Posts