One, Two, Three, Four

Well, the poll closed for the love languages, and there are some of every kind of you out there! Doesn't surprise me, really. After paying attention to it with my kids over the last few weeks, I'm even less sure that the girls are quality time, but 100% positive J is a physical touch kid. I guess with the girls I'm just going to have to make sure I cover all of the bases anyway. Maybe it will get easier to figure out as they get older . . . or maybe not. My kids are masters at taking me by surprise. I learn new things from them all the time, and just when I think I've got them figured out, they prove me wrong.

Just a tidbit or two about what's going on with each one right now:

M continues in her quest to inform me constantly how much more she knows than me. It's both cute and exasperating (depending on the subject.) It's also true sometimes. How I would get through playing Twilight Princess on the GameCube without M's instructions, I don't know :-) She also recently announced to me that she has a crush on Haden in her class, and asked me for advice on how to tell him. Yikes! You're only 8!

J is impatiently awaiting his 7th birthday. Even though it is not for another couple months, he is constantly reminding me what kind of birthday cake he wants and exactly what day of the month he will reach the big milestone. Also, he is becoming a master at subtly taunting M until her temper explodes and she throws something or hurts somebody. I don't know why he would want to do that on purpose, seeing as M is still bigger and stronger (for the moment), and it usually ends up with him crying. Still he does it anyway. Maybe it's just part of the built in software package for a younger sibling?

B's current favorite song to sing is "Pants on the Ground." It's kind of funny that she would be singing this all the time-- it's not like we watch American Idol in the house. I think Terence played the "Pants" clip on YouTube once, and she fell in love with the song. She has her own version of the lyrics; usually she gets them right (they're catchy, but not difficult), but now she includes the following refrain:

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Looking like food! And your pants are on the ground."

Yummy sagging pants. Yeah.

K is walking, walking everywhere, but true to the family trend, he is also climbing everything he can possibly reach. He is also in the charming stage where he loves to wind his hands into my hair and yank hard. Guess I'll be wearing my hair up for the next year or so. He also continues to use "Ma-Ma" as an all-purpose word for everything he wants, but he has also added two more words. One is "Guys!" (He only yells it.) The other is some unpronounceable word he uses to refer to M. Well, M is a mouthful, I guess. But what happened to saying Da-da?

Well, that's the latest update on the kiddos. As for me, I'm looking forward to a busy-in-a-good-way weekend and trying to get all my little family activities ready. Happy Conference Weekend and Easter, everyone!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What cute little characters. I love hearing about the kids (as well as everything else in your life) ha ha.
It's good to get these things written as they will mean so much when they're older. Cute blog! Thanks and you have a Happy weekend too.
Lissy said…
Sounds like a fun family! I love to hear about your kids. Hope you have a great Easter weekend too!
Ashlie Dalton said…
love brie's version of pants on the ground! ha!
cute kids, cute post!
Kaycee said…
I like hearing about your kids and family, they sound so cute!
Abby said…
I suspect Jared taunts Marianne as a form of control. Yeah, he knows he'll get it later, but he brought it on himself, not her. He controls her emotions and I bet he loves it.

Lookin' like food. Awesome.

Popular Posts