For the Record

My sister Amy has been on one amazing weight loss journey this year, and recently on her blog she posted some before and after pictures. If you haven't seen it already, go check it out. She has literally become a different person, and she has put in some incredible hard work to get where she is.

Anyway, it inspired me to put up my own before and after pictures, document the journey for posterity (and maybe offer some encouragement to others out there fighting the battle of the bulge). I'll start with my before pic:

I didn't have a lot of options, since at this point in my life I fled every time someone brought out a camera, but I couldn't really keep out of all the photos at my sister's wedding. This was about three years ago, when I was at my highest non-pregnant weight.

And the after pic:


It's not the greatest pic, either (my choices are still limited-- even though I am thinner now I still tend to hide from the camera). But hey, it still gives you a pretty good idea of how much weight I've lost. This one was taken at my last triathlon, after all my crazy training this summer.

Now, for the record, if you are one of those people who has been pestering Terence, I am not ill nor have I developed an eating disorder. Sheesh, people, I'm hanging out right between 135-140 pounds. That's not exactly anorexic weight.

It's a very healthy weight. And man, does it feel good!!!!

Comments

brooke said…
most impressive heidi! you look so fabulous! you and amy are really making me want to lose that last 15 pounds. so inspiring!!
Amy said…
You look awesome :) Your journey was probably what inspiried me most to start my own, seeing someone I knew lose weight normally (eating right, exercising) was an eye opener to me that it can be done. So, THANK YOU!
Ashlie Dalton said…
you look fantastic!! love the before and after idea.

also, i'm glad to hear that it's normal for people to make lame comments about having an eating disorder to those who have worked hard to get their weight off in healthy ways!

if people don't have anything nice to say they shouldn't say anything at all.
Lissy said…
You look fantastic! Very inspiring! :)
Kaycee said…
You look great! I too have been trying to lose weight. I still have a long ways to go, but honestly you have been a big inspiration to me. To know you lost your weight and did it with exsersise and eating healthy!
Kaycee said…
You look great! I too have been trying to lose weight. I still have a long ways to go, but honestly you have been a big inspiration to me. To know you lost your weight and did it with exsersise and eating healthy!

Popular Posts