This and That

So for those of you who want to know the answer to the pop quiz from the last post, here it is:

#1:

A--S
B--B
C--M

#2:

A--S
B--M
C--B

Which means that pretty much all you commenters got it right!  I'm quite impressed.  The only reason I'm positive which girl is which is from little hints like how old the picture is.  (It helps that the digital ones were uploaded into dated folders.)  If I come across any more pictures without dates, I will have to pick your brains to make sure I get them labeled right.

I've been a bit behind on the blogging this month in general.  Not that there's any pressure for me to be posting (since this isn't a business or anything) but I always feel a little like something's missing when I haven't posted for awhile.  Besides, there may be one or two of you out there that actually look forward to reading my posts!

Well, if you have been wondering what is keeping me from blogging, it's been pretty much my regular old life.  Spring break has been in the works which means that I've had all the kiddos around all the time.  Also, I've been working a bit on my own story-- if I'm spending time on the novel then I'm not writing here (and vice versa). This novel is proving to be a royal challenge.  I can't get my characters to cooperate and I fear I'm trying to tell a story that is above my head.  Still, I'm plugging along with it.  I have no choice when a story gets into my blood.  But I'm having trouble with the brother/sister relationship that is kind of central to the story.  I have no brothers so I don't have any personal experience to draw on.  Terence says I should just look at how my children interact, but since none of my kids have the relationship that Sheralie and Cody do (yikes, that would be unpleasant to live with), that doesn't really help me.  Who are Sheralie and Cody?  Well, they are a hunted girl with a magical gift and her common sense stepbrother-- and they do NOT get along.  Hopefully I will get them squared away and then I can tell you all about them.

The countdown to Easter has begun. . . at least it feels like that when at least two of my kids are asking me nearly every day if it is Easter yet.  I finally bought the Easter candy but dang it, I took care of it too early.  B and J already found the candy stash and got into it.  They didn't eat much, but still-- I told them they will get less of the Easter eggs as a consequence.  The worst part is that now that there is an open bag I'm tempted to sneak some myself.  But I need to stay strong-- RESIST, Heidi!  Block out the siren call of Cadbury Mini Eggs and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!  

Easter is only one sign of many that spring is in the air-- our pleasantly warm but not hot season is quickly passing.  My kids actually braved the unheated pool at my mother's house this week.  It is still too chilly for me (brrr!) but we did hit the 90's around here last week so summer weather is just around the corner.  I'd better enjoy the cooler weather while I can!  And for you non-Arizonans, happy spring!  May your snowstorms shortly be a memory!

Comments

Popular Posts