Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Tara is in surgery and now it is just a matter of waiting for the news. I've gotten one email forwarded from my aunt just after they wheeled Tara in this morning. This has all been so very difficult for them. Tara herself has faced this with so much courage, but I guess last night was a tough one. (I can't even imagine what it must have been like trying to get some sleep knowing you were going to have brain surgery in the morning.) Anyway, my aunt said they should have a good idea today if the tumor is cancerous or not. It will be confirmed for sure one way or the other by next week. We are praying that it will be benign-- I can't even think of the alternative yet.

I read her blog posts and I cry; I read her family's posts on Facebook and tear up also. Her wedding photos (they took them ahead of time, before she would have to lose any of her hair) were up on Facebook this morning, and just seeing how beautiful she is and how obviously happy with Josh made me end up with the sniffles all through getting the kids ready for school this morning.

This is becoming one of the longest days ever; I can't even imagine how slow it must be for my aunt and uncle and Josh, who are waiting in the hospital through all this. Hopefully, we will get some word soon!

Update: My aunt reports that Tara is out of surgery and "all is well." We will get more info later.

Comments

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Praying that all will be well
Brooke said…
Oh, do keep us posted and post her wedding pictures if you can so we can see her. :0)

Popular Posts