Writing Myself Out

Well, for those of you who notice such things, my word count on the novel in progress (which is a little box on my blog sidebar) has drastically changed. It went from showing nearly 95,000 words to a paltry 1,094. There's a good reason for this.

I finished revising my first novel!!!

It was both exciting and a letdown. It's not quite ready still-- Pete is proofreading for me and Misty and Amy are reviewing the content, so I still have some small changes to go. However, for the most part I'm satisfied with it. Besides, eventually you have to quit revising and consider a book finished, right?

Since Friday morning I went through withdrawals, I decided what the heck, let's go ahead and get started revising the sequel. This morning I completely rewrote the prologue from the point of view of a different character. So much for only making minor changes, like I originally planned!

Hopefully, I will be able to get them both polished and into a printed form, so that I can share them with anyone that's interested. Then no doubt I'll have to move on to writing something new, since I seem to need to write nearly as much as I need to eat!

Comments

Jean said…
I'm glad you like to write--I like to read what yo write!!
Anonymous said…
I'm totally amazed at your talent! You are truly blessed. I'm loving your book! Can't wait for each chapter.
Brooke said…
That's great! Good for you! You are so talented! It was good to see you and visit with your family this week. :)
Kaycee said…
wahoo! that is exciting! I can't wait to read it!
Lissy said…
That is awesome! That's cool that you have such a passion for writing - you will probably be successful because of it! :)

Popular Posts