The World is Ending

The texting culture is migrating into the world of otherwise literate adults! I must admit the grammar nazi in me threw back her head and howled in dismay on Sunday.

From an announcement in our ward bulletin about the upcoming Gila Valley temple dedication:

"In order to attend, u will need a special recommend. Sign up for ur interview outside the Bishop's office."

Can you hear me hitting my head against the desk in exasperation? Is it so hard to write out "you" and "your?"

Comments

kristi said…
U r Hilarious! :)

Seriously though, there is a time and place - like when texting that is appropriate but def. not in announcements.

That's what scares me with the kids today, especially Nic between texting abreviations and with the computers used 100% at school that have spell check. When he writes on paper without spell check some of his spelling is so bad - not to mention his penmanship!
Abby said…
Good grief, how lazy can you get?
Kaycee said…
That is a little bit too much for even me.
Amy said…
That would drive me insane!! Txting is one thing but everywhere else its drives me crazy!
Amy said…
Also...I missed your last quiz?? How did that happen? I check your blog daily. I just want to add my answer now - Never. I have never cleaned under or behind my refridgerator (or stove) and I shutter to think of how bad it might get when I've been here more than two years, I might consider it then.
VKMyers said…
I saw a similar one a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't believe it. I even pointed it out to Clayton who just shook his head. Come on. Could you just spell out everything for the church bulletin, please?! I am 100% in agreement with you on this one!

Popular Posts